The annual Open Enrollment period for your Lehigh Flexible Benefits runs from November 1-15, 2022. Changes you make during this period take effect January 1, 2023.
After Open Enrollment you may only change your benefits in response to a qualifying life event (QLE). QLE changes are restricted to those that are directly related to the life event, such as the birth or adoption of a child. So we encourage you to take advantage of this two week period to review all of your benefits elections and consider whether they are still meeting your needs.
As always, we provide all of the information you need to learn about benefits changes, compare plans and enroll or update your benefits via our annual publications, the Lehigh Benefits portal, events, and more.
- Want the basics, including benefits changes, important reminders, and instructions for enrollment? Look for your printed Quick Reference Guide in your campus mail box. You can also access the online version here.
- Want greater detail? Download the larger 2023 Flexible Benefits Enrollment and Reference Guide here.
- Need more info about the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with Health Savings Account (HSA) in particular? Download the special HDHP guide here.
The Lehigh Benefits Portal
The Lehigh Benefits portal is the main entrypoint for modifying and updating your benefits selections. You can reach the Lehigh Benefits portal from the Employees tab on Connect Lehigh. The portal homepage has a Quick Links menu that provides access to the publications listed above as well as a link to the Spousal Surcharge Waiver survey. If your spouse doesn't have access to insurance through another source and you are covering your them on your Lehigh medical plan, you must complete the survey in order to request a waiver from the $100 monthly surcharge.
Virtual Visits with Capital BlueCross
Have a question about your current plan or thinking about switching to a different option? Make an appointment during Capital Blue Cross's virtual visits on November 2, 9 and 10. Capital administers all three of our medical plans, including behavioral (mental) health services. Follow this link to register.
Changes For 2023
Here are the key changes to Lehigh's Flexible Benefits taking effect January 1, 2023.
- Medical Plan Premiums – All three medical plans will see a 3.7% increase in employee premiums. The university contribution to all medical plans has also increased. Premiums are listed on page 3 of the Quick Reference Guide.
- As announced last November, PPO Plus will no longer be offered as of January 1, 2023. All current PPO Plus enrollees will be defaulted into the PPO plan if no action is taken by the employee during Open Enrollment.
- Effective January 1, 2023, Health Advocate will be the university’s new Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider. See page 8 of the Quick Reference Guide for more information.
- PPO Deductible – Individual deductible increases to $300. Family deductible increases to $900.
- Increase to HDHP Deductible - Individual deductible for HDHP will increase to $1,750. Family deductible will increase to $3,500.
Our intro video is a great way to prepare to take action during the Open Enrollment period.