This month, we’re highlighting a number of valuable informational opportunities coming this fall. There were so many, we couldn’t stop at three. Pull out your calendar and save these dates.
1) Medical Plan Changes Information Sessions
With the new High Deductible Health Plan option being introduced for the 2017 plan year, we want to make sure you have the resources you need to review all medical insurance plans and enroll in the plan you think is best for you during Open Enrollment.
The Benefits team will be offering in-person information sessions open to all benefits eligible faculty and staff. Sessions will be held at the following dates and times. Click on the date to register:
- Tuesday, October 18 – 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19 – 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20 – Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 25 – 11:00 a.m. to Noon
- Wednesday, October 26 – Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27 – Noon to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
2) Long Term Care Insurance Changes
Genworth, Lehigh’s provider of Long Term Care Insurance, will be introducing a new plan this fall. Their representative will be on campus on Wednesday, November 30 and Thursday, December 1 to help staff and faculty understand the new plan. Representatives will be conducting information sessions throughout both days to help you understand Long Term Care Insurance and to introduce the changes within the new product.
Look for registration information for these sessions in the November issue of Spotlight.
3) Benefits Vendors on Campus During Open Enrollment
If you have some questions you’d like answered by our medical, dental, vision and other benefits providers, you’ll have two chances to meet with their representatives in person during Open Enrollment in November.
Our annual “vendor visits” will take place in Iacocca Hall and the University Center (UC) on Monday, November 14 and Tuesday, November 15 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. No registration is necessary.
4) Understanding the Financial Markets
Most of us are not investment experts. Still, having insight into how the financial markets operate as well as current market trends could help you make more informed decisions about where and how you invest your retirement savings.
Lehigh HR is partnering with TIAA to present a lunchtime talk on the financial markets on Tuesday, November 29 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Topics for the talk will include:
- The Fed and US interest rates
- How election results could impact the market
- The US economy and where we are in the business cycle
- Investment trends and insights on events that drive market activity with a long term view.
Registration will open in early November, and lunch will be included.